Lately I’ve been keeping my skin care routine to a minimal. For years I’ve searched for the best natural and organic options for my skin type. Some turned out better than others.
After I used up the rest of my collected “stash”, I haven’t been trying many new products. I still use the same standard makeup remover I’ve been using for years. It’s from a Danish brand (Matas) and it just works. It’s affordable and doesn’t irritate my eyes.
I’ve tried other natural products for removing my eye makeup, but they’ve either not been effective or they’ve made my eyes red or itchy. So on that front, there isn’t a specific natural product I can recommend at the moment.
What Do We Really Need?
I kind of want to keep my skin care “stripped down” and basic. I don’t believe our skin was created by nature to be in need of many other nutrients, other than what our bodies are able to provide for it on it’s own.
I also believe diet and exercise play a major factor in the health and appearance of our skin. If you treat your body right it will thank you, and your skin will also look more vibrant and plump.
So after reading online about natural skincare, I came across the product I’ve been swearing by for the past several months, which I wanted to share with you guys today.
What Is My Secret Product?
My secret skin care go-to “weapon” is: SAFFLOWER OIL. It’s so simple, it almost seems like nothing major. But it’s made such a lovely difference to the glow and smoothness of my skin overall.
I also use it on my super dry, frizzy and damaged hair. It adsorbs quickly and doesn’t leave my hair feeling greasy (unless you use too much) and it gives it a lovely shine. I mainly apply it on the ends of my hair.
From what I read online, all skin types can benefit from using this oil as a cleanser and/or moisturiser, but I love it because it doesn’t clog up the pores on my oily skin or make me break out. Which is what I was most worried about would happen, when using an oil on my face.
But it’s really worked great at balancing the PH levels in my skin. It even seems to help my break-outs during that time of the month heal quicker.
The main benefits of using Safflower oil in your skin care routine include:
- It contains lubricant properties that prompt the skin to retain water and moisture, giving you a beautiful glow.
- It consists primarily of linoleic acid (78%), an omega-6 that is packed with essential vitamins, which undoubtedly make it a secret weapon in fighting against acne problems.
- The high content of linoleic acid in safflower oil makes it ideal for boosting the quality and appearance of your skin, nails and hair.
- It is an odorless oil.
- Safflower oil has the highest level of linoleic fatty acid available commercially and can help promote hair growth (scalp health).
- The linoleic acid can combine with sebum to unclog the pores and reduce blackheads, as well as acne, which is a result of sebum build-up under the skin. Meaning it’s noncomedogenic.
- The linoleic acid stimulates the regeneration of new skin cells, that help clear up scars and other blemishes from the surface of the skin, leaving you looking more youthful and radient.
- Safflower oil can be used for hair growth as it can help prevents the loss of proteins to a large extend. The oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which is an antioxidant and moisturizer. Leaving you with lovely, shiny and nourished locks.
- Lessens the appearance of wrinkles.
- The oil is capable of softening up dry areas, smooth rough patches, and even alleviate beauty woes, improving both the texture and tone of your skin. It’s mostly used alone or can be added to other oils for a beauty boost.
I’ve also shared a video about my love of this natural skin care product on my Youtube channel, which you can watch below.